Church Vision Statement
That people live their lives in a manner pleasing to God.
To achieve this we encourage:
- Growth in personal relationships with God
- Supportive relationships within the church
- Active Christian service in God-given roles
- Gospel outreach to friends and neighbours
- Support for Christian mission at home and abroad
We believe in…
- the divine inspiration of the Bible and its entire trustworthiness and authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- the universal sinfulness and guilt of mankind which separates us from God.
- the Virgin Birth of Christ, His sinless life and substitutionary death as the only means of freeing us from the consequences of sin.
- the complete acceptance of the sinner by God solely by grace through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ; such faith involving not only mental assent but personal trust in Him as Saviour.
- the bodily resurrection, ascension and future return of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- the illuminating, renewing, indwelling and purifying work of God the Holy Spirit.
- the freedom of all Christians to have direct access to God as members of the one true Church, the Body of which Christ is the Head.
In response to the commands of our Lord Jesus Christ we practice;
- Communion by breaking bread and drinking wine in remembrance of Him. We welcome all true believers to join with us in this.
- Baptism (by immersion) of believers on their personal confession of faith in Jesus Christ.